- Date: Sunday, 17 June 2018
- Location: Peth-Shahapur, Lonawala
- Duration: 1 Day
- Difficulty: Easy climb up to the fort.
- Meeting Time: Sunday, 17th June 2018, 06:00 AM
- Meeting Point: Aldo’s Adventure
- Seats: 25 Participants only.
- Event Fees: Rs. 900/- Per Person
- Last Date of Registration: Thursday, 14th June, 2018 (till 6.00 PM)
- This fort was incorporated into his kingdom by the Maratha ruler Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj along with the forts of Lohagad, Visapur, Tung and Tikona in 1657. On March 11, 1818, Colonel Prother tried to take over this fort but even after a prolonged siege could not make any headway. Finally on 14 March, by igniting the stored ammunition by means of a loose cannonball he succeeded and this fort went to the British. The fort is located about 923 m (3,028 ft) above sea level, rising over 200 m (660 ft.) higher than the neighbouring valleys. To the east, there lie two artificial lakes part of the Aamby-Valley project which later drain into the Mulshi reservoir. There are two lakes on the top of the fort. A temple to its patron goddess Koraidevi also exists along with several smaller temples to dedicate to Vishnu and Shiva. The former has been recently renovated and has a 3 foot high Deepmala (tower of lamps). The interesting part of the fort is that its wall is completely intact and one can walk along its entire perimeter (about 2 km). Its massive gate is also intact. Several ruins of older structures within the fort still exist. It has six cannons – the largest of which called the Laxmi Toph is located near the Korai Devi temple.
Korigad Monsoon Trek Itinerary:
- 05:30AM: Meeting at Aldo’s Adventure, Dombivli
- 06:00AM: Leave for Korigad fort trek
- 07:30AM: Breakfast & Tea
- 09:30AM: Reach to base-village Peth Shahapur
- 10:00AM: Ascend
- 11:30AM: Reach on top and explore
- 13:30PM: Lunch on the top
- 14:30PM: Descend
- 15.30PM: Chai pe Charcha
- 16:00PM: Start return journey
- 19:30PM: Back to Home (Subjective, Depends on traffic situation)
- 1 Veg Breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch, 1 evening snacks and 3 Tea-Sessions
- Traveling from Dombivli to Dombivli by private vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges & Activity fees
How to Register:
- Account Name: SANTOSH BHAGAJI KURHADE
- Bank Name: IDBI Bank
- Saving Account Number: 004104000163996
- Branch: RAMNAGAR DOMBIVLI BRANCH
- IFSC: IBKL0000669
- Once payment is done, please send a message on https://aldosadventure.com/contact/ with Participant Name, Mobile number, email ID, Emergency contact number, Trek-Title, and Transaction-Details
- For any clarification, Please Call/Whatsap Santosh Kurhade 9920413246 OR Email us at email@example.com
- Do not disturb the quiet surroundings by causing noise pollution with music systems etc.
- Do not spread any plastic garbage. Instead, pick it up and dispose it in the city.
- At least bottles should not be smashed or else somebody might get injured.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event fees cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.